Update to morning walk in hours
New COVID booster recommendation for 12 to 15 year old adolescents
Yesterday the FDA authorized booster shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for 12- to 15-year-olds. The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices is scheduled to meet on Wednesday regarding the authorization. Based on previous experience we anticipate they will also approve administration of booster doses of Pfizer’s vaccine for 12 to 15 year old adolescents.
We are prepared to follow this recommendation, we have plenty of vaccine and appointments available. Please send us a MyChart message or call the office at 650.216.7794 to set up an appointment. Note: we anticipate a very high call volume so sending a MyChart message may be more efficient. We’ll keep you updated as this story develops.
Coming in 2022: walk-in visit slots
COVID vaccine update 12/14/21
COVID vaccine update 11/3/21
- we will have enough vaccine for everyone who wants their child vaccinated
- COVID vaccine will be given by appointment only, we CANNOT accommodate walk ins at this time.
- if your child has an appointment coming up we CAN administer the COVID vaccine at that appointment, feel free to discuss this with your child’s doctor as well.
- you cannot schedule a COVID vaccine through the MyChart app at this time, you CAN send a message to your child’s pediatrician through the MyChart app requesting an appointment.
- if you have any questions about the MyChart app please call MyChart Customer Service at (415) 514-6000. They’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
COVID vaccine update 11/2/21
- COVID vaccine will be given by appointment only, we CANNOT accommodate walk-ins at this time
- the fastest way to request an appointment is by sending a MyChart message through the UCSF patient portal. If you are not signed up please go to https://www.ucsfhealth.org/mychart for instructions on how to sign up
- we do not have any information at this time about when the vaccine will be available for children less than 5 years of age.
PWG COVID vaccine update 10-26-21
- The fastest way to communicate with us will be through UCSF’s MyChart patient portal. If you are not signed up yet please go to https://www.ucsfhealth.org/mychart and follow the instructions.
- We have already placed our COVID vaccine pre-order with San Mateo County’s Health Department and it has been approved, we are waiting for a shipment date.
- COVID vaccines will be shipped out in multiple phases, we should have enough COVID vaccine for everyone who wants it
- we do not have any information on when the vaccine will be available for children younger than 5 years of age
Our PWG family just got bigger!
We are pleased to announce the birth of Dr. Megan Pesyna’s newborn boy, Mack! Both Dr. Megan and Mack are doing well and settling at home. She will be on maternity leave until January 2022, and our team of physicians is here to make sure everyone is taken care of while Dr. Pesyna is out of the office. Please join us in sending all good wishes for health and joy to Baby Mack and his parents. CONGRATULATIONS!
Flu vaccines are here!
We are using an appointment-based system in order to safely deliver flu vaccines to our patients. If you have signed up for MyChart access with UCSF that will be the easiest way to get an appointment…if you don’t have MyChart access just go to www.ucsfhealth.org/mychart for instructions on how to sign up. Our flu shot clinics start next week, here are some important details:
- Flu vaccine clinic will be held in a pop-up tent in our parking lot
- There can be 1 adult with each child
- Everyone over the age of 2 years will need to wear a mask
- We cannot accommodate walk-ins at this time
- You can make an appointment for a flu vaccine by: 1) calling the office 2) sending in an appointment request using UCSF’s MyChart patient portal or 3) use the self-schedule feature on UCSF’s MyChart to set up a flu vaccine appointment online
- This flu vaccine clinic is ONLY for the flu vaccine and ONLY for established PWG patients
Thank you for keeping your child, family and community safe this flu season! Team PWG… your vaccine dream team 😀