As many of you know, the FDA authorized Pfizer’s COVID-19 booster for 16-and 17-Year-olds on 12/10/21. The booster was previously approved for all adults 18 years and up, and is currently recommended to be given six months after the last dose. As of this writing there are no booster recommendations for people younger than 16 years of age. On 11/2/21 Pfizer’s COVID vaccine was approved for kids 5-11 years of age. We currently do not have any information on when it will be approved for kids younger than 5.
We’ve been giving Pfizer’s COVID vaccine since May 2021 and wanted to give you a quick update on our progress so far:
* We have administered over 800 COVID vaccines to kids 5-11 years of age since 11/3/21
* We have administered over 500 doses of COVID vaccine to kids 12+ years of age since May 2021 when it was approved for adolescents 12+ years of age
* we are giving COVID vaccine boosters to adolescents 16+ years of age
* we have administered about 1500 doses of influenza vaccine since September 2021
* we are also giving influenza vaccines to parents of existing patients
We still have plenty of appointments available for COVID vaccines, COVID boosters, and flu vaccine. Just send us a MyChart message or call the office at 650.216.7PWG [650.216.7794] for an appointment. Team PWG [aka your vaccine dream team] wants to help you stay healthy this Holiday Season!