Week 2 of Shelter-in place begins with Doctor’s Day, and we wanted to take this moment to recognize the tremendous team we have at PWG. We are part of the front lines of health care in this country, and we are proud to serve our patients and our community. This is a tough time for all of us, the news is full of scary facts, and no one really knows when things will go back to “normal”. We want you to know we are here for you, we are strong, and we will get through this! Here are some photos to remind us of the time “before”, and here are some updates we want you to know:
- we will be wearing masks at all visits
- local experts tell us they are not seeing the same degree of patient surge that other areas are seeing, and we are cautiously optimistic that the curve may be a little flatter for us in the Bay Area. Please continue to follow current shelter in place guidelines, they are even more crucial right now.
- local experts are confirming that COVID-19 is less severe in pediatrics than in adults. We are not aware of any local pediatric fatalities.
- we are continuing to see well visits in our office to make sure kids stay current with important vaccines. We are prioritizing well visits for infants 0 to 24 months, kids 4 to 6 years, and adolescents 11 to 13 years.
- we have made changes to our office protocols to keep our staff and our patients as safe as we can, please see our 3/23/20 update for details.
- we will be closing our office at 6p Monday through Thursday while shelter in place is in effect.
- testing is still very limited in our area, we still do not have access to unlimited testing.
- we still lack enough PPE so if you, or anyone you know, has any extra PPE that is not being used please consider donating some of that to us. We would be very grateful!
Happy Doctor’s Day to all our colleagues!