Week 2 of SIP begins…and we are making some changes to our office protocols to keep our staff and our patients as safe as we can during this outbreak. We are monitoring both the national and local situation closely and will continue to adjust our workflows as needed.
- we will be limiting the number of people present at an appointment to the child being seen and 1 parent/guardian.
- we will be taking everyone’s temperature as they enter our office.
- we will be making telemedicine appointments for all sick visits, based on that visit you and your doctor may decide to treat at home, bring your child to the office, or be referred to the right place for the right care.
- we will continue to see well visits for infants and toddlers 18 months and younger to keep them on track with their vaccines as per the AAP guidelines.
- we are not making any well visit appointments for kids 2 years and up right now.
Like everyone in health care we face shortages of PPE [personal protective equipment], Team PWG is being creative at making what we have work for us right now. We are grateful to all of you for your patience and understanding, we are a strong community and we will get through this!