6 Bay Area counties have enacted a “shelter in place” order from 3/16/20 to 4/7/2020 to try and slow down the spread of COVID-19. Everyone is asked to stay at home except for essential services, hospitals and medical facilities are currently exempt. This is a critical moment for us in California, together we CAN slow down the progress of COVID-19 and avoid a breakdown in our medical system. PWG is open today and here’s our update:
- If you or your child have a fever AND a cough AND trouble breathing AND/OR travel to a hotspot AND/OR known exposure to COVID-19 PLEASE DO NOT WALK IN, that is putting everyone at risk. Please call us and we can help triage you to the right place for the right care.
- Our goal is to get you into a room as quickly as possible. If there are no rooms available, we ask you to give us a number to call you and wait in your car. We will call you when it’s time to come in.
- we are cancelling all well visits for children older than 18 months. Infants and toddlers need to stay on track with their vaccination schedule so we are asking you to continue to come in as planned. We will let you know if this changes.
- we have cancelled all “immunization only” appointments except for influenza vaccination. We are still seeing influenza cases, the CDC is still recommending influenza vaccines to help protect people and conserve medical resources by having fewer serious cases. We have a small supply in stock and will continue to make appointments for the flu vaccine until we run out. If your child has not gotten the flu vaccine yet please consider making an appointment and getting them vaccinated.
- we can make telemedicine visits for families who prefer not to come in. We can map out a plan to make sure your child gets the right treatment at the right time at the right place.
- we are actively reaching out to sign people up on our patient portal. Please contact our office for information, the portal is a way for you to communicate with us via email.
- We will NOT be handing out stickers, suckers, or toys
- We will not have coffee or apples available
- have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day 🙂
Team PWG is here for you and your family as we all navigate these difficult times, we are a strong community and we will get through this. Be kind, and stay well!