San Mateo County has enacted strict limits on gatherings of people. Hospitals and medical offices are exempt; Team PWG wants to be proactive in reducing infections. We will be updating our office policies effective immediately:
- If you or your child have a fever AND a cough AND trouble breathing AND/OR travel to a hotspot AND/OR known exposure to COVID-19 PLEASE DO NOT WALK IN, that is putting everyone at risk. Please call us and we can help triage you to the right place for the right care.
- Our goal is to get you into a room as quickly as possible. If there are no rooms available, we ask you to give us a number to call you and wait in your car. We will call you when it’s time to come in.
- We are setting aside blocks of time for certain sick visits [kids with respiratory infections such as cough, runny nose, fever]:
- 9 am-10 am Monday to Friday
- 5:30 pm-7:00 pm Monday to Thursday, 4 pm-5 pm Friday
- If you cannot come during those times, we will make an appointment for a video visit first. We can map out a plan to make sure your child gets the right treatment at the right time at the right place.
- Our front desk can help you sign up for the patient portal, this will allow you to communicate with us via email.
- We will NOT be handing out stickers, suckers, or toys
- We will not have coffee or apples available
The entire PWG team is committed to our community’s health and well being. We will be monitoring the situation closely and will update you regularly.