It’s that time of the year, and we have started to receive flu vaccine doses. We anticipate having enough for everyone but unfortunately we do not get all the doses at once, and we have no control over when additional shipments will arrive. COVID social distancing requirements will mean that we need to have an appointment based system in order to safely deliver flu vaccines to our patients. We had hoped to be able to offer online flu shot appointments but the folks at UCSF IT were not able to complete that project for us yet. We will update you when that changes.
Since it’s important not to delay flu vaccinations we are going to start offering flu shot clinic next week, here are some important details. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY as this is a little different then what we’ve done in the past:
- the first round of flu vaccine clinics will be held Mon 8/31/20 to Fri 9/4/20
- flu vaccine clinic will be held in a pop-up tent in our parking lot
- there can be 1 adult with each child
- everyone over the age of 2 years will need to wear a mask
- we have a limited number of appointment slots and cannot accommodate walk-ins at this time
- We will start making appointments for flu vaccine clinic on Monday 8/31/20 at 9am.
- You can call the office or send in an appointment requests via a MyChart message using the UCSF patient portal
- we will be reaching out to our high risk patients to schedule their flu vaccine appointments
- we will have more flu vaccine clinics as we get more vaccine supplies, we anticipate having enough for everyone this season
- this flu vaccine clinic is ONLY for the flu vaccine and ONLY for established PWG patients