It has been a while since the last update, and there have been many exciting developments recently. The FDA approved Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for adolescents 12 and up, and we are proud to have played a small part in vaccinating some of 600,000 US adolescents that received this vaccine last week. There are also lots of updates about what is and is not recommended once you have gotten the vaccine. Here are some key items:
- Summer camp can be a safe activity if they follow health and safety guidelines such as wearing masks, hand hygiene and physical distancing
- The AAP has published a fantastic article about the science behind the COVID-19 vaccine, feel free to read and share
- Your child is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the second dose of the vaccine
- Pfizer has announced plans to request EUA approval for COVID-19 vaccine for ages 2-11 in September
- Experts still recommend that unvaccinated children 2 and up wear a mask when around people outside their immediate household
We have plenty of COVID-19 vaccine appointments so please call or send us a MyChart message to set up an appointment. Team PWG wants to help make this a safe and happy summer for all our families!