Thanks to your efforts in following the shelter in place guidelines the Bay Area has flattened the COVID-19 curve and saved many lives. Team PWG has been working hard to make sure our office remains a safe place for our staff and our families, and we thank all of you for being patient and understanding as we navigate this “new normal”. The AAP has emphasized the importance of maintaining routine health visits during the pandemic. We are currently prioritizing well visits for infants 0-24 months, children 4-6 years, and adolescents 11-13 years of age to make sure they remain up to date with crucial vaccinations.
Team PWG is dedicated to your health and well-being, we wanted to share some of the things we’re doing to keep our staff and our families healthy:
- Walk in appointments are not allowed
- Temperatures are taken on anyone entering our office, including our staff
- Our staff is wearing gowns and masks when interacting with patients
- We have designated rooms for well visits and sick visits
- All exam rooms are disinfected after each visit, and the entire office is deep cleaned at the end of the day.
- Our front office is cleaned regularly throughout the day
- We have stopped offering refreshments, prizes, and stickers
- All sick visits start as a telemedicine appointment to limit potential exposure and to make sure you are given the right treatment at the right place at the right time
- we are asking anyone with a fever, cough, or other symptoms to wait in their car
- Visits are limited to the child/adolescent/young adult being seen and 1 parent/guardian
- We practice social distancing as much as possible, including between our staff members
- We have also implemented several behind-the-scenes protocols designed to protect all of us from spreading illnesses.
We are ready to respond quickly as our local health climate changes. Stay safe, be well, and know that Team PWG is here for you!